GKKC General Meeting on 10/23/2017 at Appalachian Fairgrounds was called to order by Ben Gibbs, President, at 7:30 PM.
• Members present were: Rhonda Gibbs, Ben Gibbs, Janice Pelletti, Patrick Pelletti, Cindy Hintz, Brenda Grable, Darlene Robbins, David Richman, Barbara Salberg-Richman, Eileen Bailey, Judy Pinkovich, Sheila Leonard, Pierce Massey, Joe Currier, Val Currier, Trudy Price, Kimberly Williams, Pam Jones, Walter J. Crossley, Sherry Crossley, and Tom Kirstein
• Visitors present were: Carrie Hodges, and Warren Quinn
• September 25, 2017 general meeting minutes were read and approved as presented.
• Treasurer’s report was accepted as presented.
• Conformation show chair and show committee discussed positions that needed to be filled for the May 2018, show. Also discussed was the judges panel, the coordination with the new obedience trial added to Friday for the show may 2018, trophy support needed with deadline of December 1, 2017 to Pam Jones. Darcy Kallus mentioned that she would not be show chair for 2019. Supported entries for Rhodesian Ridgebacks was discussed. It is noted that Trudy Price is to be the obedience trial chairperson for May 2018 show.
• Agility chair discussed the October 2017 show. Reports made profit of approximately $1300, reports overall trial went smoothly. Agility chair mentioned October 2018 trial may add “premier” and may forgo match as potentially will increase entries this way.
• New Business discussed:
o AKC life time achievement award nominees in letter from the AKC.
o Idea proposed to monthly club meetings to an earlier time.
Time suggested is 7:00 PM instead of the current 7:30PM
GKKC bylaws were cited and noted that Board is set the time of the monthly meetings
Board to meet after club general meeting to discuss
o Request made for a club member to volunteer to update new member application and sponsors questionnaire, Eileen Bailey volunteered for this task
• Julie Webster’s application was read for the second time.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:10 PM.
Darcy Kallus, Recording Secretary
Add a comment
You must be logged in to comment.