GKKC Board Meeting on 03/12/2018 at Appalachian Fairgrounds was called to order by Ben Gibbs, President, at 6:05 PM.
• Members present were: Rhonda Gibbs, Ben Gibbs, Brenda Grable, Darlene Robbins, Barbara Salberg-Richman, Trudy Price, Tom Kirstein, Darcy Kallus, Val Currier, and Glynis Littlewood
• October 23, 2017 board meeting minutes were read and approved as presented.
• Treasurer’s report was accepted as presented.
• Val Currier agreed to chair the nominating committee. Committee members were suggested by the board.
• A draft judge’s expense statement was presented; a few changes were suggested. This statement must be approved by someone on the show committee or judge’s committee, before it is presented to the Treasurer for payment. It was agreed receipts must be attached. This statement along with a W-9 will be given to all judges who provide services to GKKC. If they already have their own form that provides the same information that will be acceptable. If the fee for judging is over $600.00, the W-9 must be completed. This is so a 1099 can be prepared at year end to meet IRS guidelines.
• Show details were discussed.
• Corresponding secretary made a motion that she be authorized to make a $50.00 donation to requested organization in lieu of flowers when a club member has a death in the family. Board recommended this motion be made in the next general meeting.
• Meeting adjourned at 7:15
Darcy Kallus, Recording Secretary